The Good Foundations complies with the National Privacy Principles. To view the Principles visit http://www.privacy.gov.au/materials/types/infosheets/view/6583
What Information do The Good Foundation collect and hold about you?
The type of information we request from you may include the following:
- your name and address and other contact information;
- details of your donations
- any areas of interest in our activities that you advise us;
Use and disclosure of your personal information
We use your personal information to do certain things, including to:
- provide you with information about our activities and matters that may be of interest you;
- and facilitate our internal business operations, including fulfilment of any legal requirements.
We may need or be required to disclose personal information to various parties including:
- to our agents, contractors or third party service providers that provide administrative or other services in connection with the operation of the Foundation;
- or where the law requires or permits us to do so (e.g. to law enforcement agencies); or
- if you consent.
We take all reasonable steps to protect all personal or company information from misuse, loss, unauthorised access, modification or disclosure.
Your information is stored securely whether in an electronic or physical form. For example, only personnel requiring access to the information are allowed access. All personal, company or confidential information is stored in secured premises or in electronic databases requiring logins and passwords.
Some information is kept for a number of years to comply with legal requirements. Any personal information that is no longer needed is destroyed.
The names of persons who request information from us are added to our database as clients.
Persons who do not wish to receive communications from us can notify us by email and their names will be deleted from our client list.
Access and correction
You can request access at any time to personal information that we hold. We will process your request within a reasonable time. There is no fee for requesting access to your information, however we may charge you the reasonable cost of processing your request. You may ask us at any time to correct personal information held by us about you which you believe is incorrect or out of date.
We aim to ensure that all information we hold, which we collect, use or disclose is accurate, complete and up to date. You must promptly notify us if there are any changes to your personal information.